Monday, January 19, 2009

Spoiler: OTH picks up the pace

Chad Michael Murray directed last week's episode of One Tree Hill and, honestly, I thought it was a little dry. I felt like nothing really happened. But this week was much better. Here are some random thoughts I have about tonight's episode.

- I love Nathan for being such a team player throughout this episode.
- I love that Brooke wants to follow the same rules she sets for Sam and that she is really striving to be a good role model for the teenager even though Brooke is only a few years older than her foster daughter.
- Later in the episode Lucas tells Brooke "since I don't really like Julian, we try to only talk about the movie," but I have to be honest, they seem to be getting along fine. For the history they share, they almost seem to get along too well. Early in the episode Julian stands up for Lucas and proves they are completely on the same side when they both agree that any director who wants to change the story while filming the movie is not for them.
- It was great to see Dan back on the show. He truly is the character you love to hate.
- How adorable was the interaction about Julian's ugly hat? Even before the characters talked about how awful it was, I had already said to my roommate, who was watching the show with me, what is with the ugly hat?
- Shouldn't things between Peyton and Julian be a bit more awkward? He said goodbye to her as he left the store. I feel like they should be running in the other direction when they see each other coming.
- As Peyton was warning Brooke about Julian and his likelihood to just "disappear," I couldn't help but think that she was being too harsh on him and too blunt about it. And in the end it did come back to bite her. Julian's father proved Peyton wrong in her assumptions about Julian. All Peyton did was freak Brooke out.
- I can't help but love interactions between Lucas and Hailey. They are such an honest portrayal of best friends. It was very fitting that he went to her to show her the ring before he gave it to Peyton. (And on that note, of course Peyton would want Keith's ring even if Lindsey already wore it. The ring is a piece of Keith!)
- How funny was the serial killer reference: "What if you were a serial killer? We actually have those in Tree Hill." It is awesome how the show makes fun of itself.
- While still looking for a director, one of the best lines of the night: "They can all make the movie, but who will screw it up the least?"
- In another scene later in the show, I love Brooke as the voice of wisdom. It was great how she told Lucas to not compromise and to make sure the movie gets made as he sees it. (Just as a note of my confusion, is making a movie really this difficult? If Lucas already wrote the script, then how can all of these director's just come and decide they want to totally change things?)
- I will probably say this is every post I write about OTH, but don't you love how Jamie makes every scene he is in so much better?! How adorable was it that Jamie called Nathan's coach? When it happened there was no better response than awww.
- "The Girl Code" - I'm glad Peyton told Brooke the girl code no longer applied to them since Peyton is engaged to, and pregnant by, Brooke's ex.
- How cliche was it that all Mia needed to write a good song was to find a guy?
- Another cliche: Nathan saves the day by finally being put into the game and passing the ball. Who didn't know that was going to happen?
- I am starting to really like Julian and I am so happy he gave Brooke the jacket back and asked her to "go steady." I am excited to see where this relationship and storyline goes.
- Lucas' speech to the director, Dixon, is so heartfelt and wonderful. The best part was when he said he wanted a director who can "make the little things the big things." But then Dixon used the same words to get the studio head to make him the director of the movie. I don't want to hate Dixon, but he now needs to regain my trust.

Separate note: How many Dawson's Creek fans are out there? My favorite television show of all time is Dawson's Creek and it is great having James Van Der Beek on OTH. His character is priceless. He is crazy and really funny. And how ironic is it that he is playing a director when all his Dawson character ever wanted to be was a movie director? I am looking forward to seeing how his storyline pans out.

As for the previews for the next episode, which is airing in two weeks, I am already excited! They are casting for the movie in the next episode and there promises to be some Tree Hill look-alikes running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment