Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spolier: ER - Is anyone else confused?

Before I start writing about tonight's episode, let me quickly explain why I watch this show. I feel like telling you the backstory helps you understand me a bit better. I have been watching ER for years. My mom does not watch much TV, but this is one show she has always watched. When I was younger I started watching it when I was in middle school as an excuse to stay up later and I guess you can say I got hooked. Who wouldn't want to watch doctor's arms get cut off by helicopters or emergency room shoot-outs? And at this point, I watch the show every week out of habit. Since this is the final season (as they continuously remind us during commercials for the show) I have no real reason not to watch.

Now onto the good stuff. I'm not sure how many people watched last week's episode, but it was a series of flashbacks from Neela's point-of-view. I enjoyed the episode, though it received mixed reviews from some other loyal watchers I talked to about it. And let me clarify, I enjoyed the episode until I watched tonight and realized that what was shown last week didn't actually happen! So if it didn't happen, was it a dream? I was a bit confused by this turn of events.

As a few side notes:
- Dr. Banfield's pregnancy storyline isn't really doing anything for me. I could do without it.
- This episode was appropriately titled "Love is a Battlefield." I'm not having any fun watching Sam and Tony dance around one another, but their interactions with the older couple who had been married and separated three times made me smile.
- Gary Marshall was too adorable as a guest star on the episode.

Extra, extra
Tvguide.com, and a few other media outlets, are reporting some exciting news for diehard ER fans!

1 comment:

  1. I too started watching ER a while ago (freshman year of high school, I think), but stopped after a few years. But I've been working through old episodes on DVD. The first few seasons, especially the ones with George Clooney (have you seen the season 2 episode where he saves the kid from the flooding storm drain?), are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete