Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spoiler: 90210 - The show I wish I didn't watch

From the very first episode of the new rendition of 90210, I have thought about not watching this show. There is nothing pulling me to it and I don't think my life would feel any less special without it. That being said, I usually don't have anything else to do on Tuesday nights so I end up watching it. My posts about this show may not be as frequent as posts about Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill, but every now and then I may have something to say.

Like tonight. So here goes.

Last week's episode was full of tons of highs: Annie and Ethan said I love you for the first time, then almost but didn't have sex for the first time; we found out Adriana is pregnant; Annie and Dixon's grandmother bought the teens a car and there was a huge power struggle between their grandmother and mother.

Then this week's episode was full of lows: Silver and Dixon fought the entire time and eventually broke up; Naomi found out her mother is probably not coming home anytime soon and also witnessed her father having yet another affair; Mr. Matthews returns to school and seems extremely depressed; Adriana is struggling with being pregnant.

This show needs consistency. They need to find a medium between extremes. If we follow the pattern, does this now mean the next episode will be full of shocking material written to catch us off guard? Why can't this show, instead, follow a storyline that is not so high then low?

And now for a few side notes:
- OMG Ty is the father of Adriana's baby!! How did that happen? What a sleaze-ball.
- As the episode dragged on, I couldn't help but realize how whiny and annoying Annie was during this episode. She didn't get the lead in the play. Who cares? Get over it.
- Mr. Matthews is NOT 23 years old. Was Kelly being sarcastic or are we supposed to believe that is really how old he is?
- Good job on the writers' part having Adriana almost get in a car accident so that we forgot a real one was coming. I hope poor Ethan is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment