Monday, January 19, 2009

Where I look for inspiration

As I mentioned in my first post, I follow a handful of television shows and watch them regularly. I am also open to watching shows cold just to see what they are about. I also plan to use this blog to write about trends, shocking turn of events and almost anything else that has to do with TV.

When my professor told us to think of topics for our blogs, I found myself stuck. I love to read, but would I be able to keep up with posting four to five posts a week about literature? I didn't think so. The next step in my thought process was to think about the blogs I read most often. The first blog I look at daily, and then return to multiple times a day, is Viewer Discretion, a television blog on Boston.com. Two wonderful Boston Globe staffers - Matthew Gilbert and Joanna Weiss provide content for this blog daily. I also go to tvguide.com at least once a day to check out what is happening on my favorite TV shows.

It was then that I realized I really do love television. I think my roommates think I'm crazy for watching so much TV, but now I can tell them it is my homework. I can't wait to hear their response to that!

As I go forward with this blog, I will continue to read Viewer Discretion daily and also look to tvguide.com for interesting ideas and information. I wanted my readers to know where I was coming from, and I thought the best way to do that would be to tell you how the idea for this blog started.

1 comment:

  1. Since you watch The Gossip Girl, you should check out Vulture. They tend to have some pretty snarky, hilarious updates about the show (which, for the record, I have only seen one episode of).

    http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/

    and here are all their The Gossip Girl posts: http://nymag.com/tags/gossip%20girl

    ReplyDelete