Monday, January 19, 2009

Spoiler: Tonight's best GG moment is awful in two senses

I will post a much longer description about how I think tonight's episode was tomorrow, but for now did anyone else hear the Newport Creamery mention in the episode? For those who do not know, Newport Creamery is a Rhode Island chain of restaurants similar to Friendly's. They serve both food and ice cream. I know this not only because I am from RI, but also because I worked as a waitress at a Newport Creamery for a few years in high school and when I first started college. It was cool to hear Rufus say they would like to stop by a Newport Creamery while transporting Dan to Yale and Serena to Brown, but one problem with the mention: Rufus said he wanted to go there to grab a milkshake. While to most of the world this would seem normal, true Newport Creamery experts would know that they are called Awful Awfuls. (As a piece of history, this name stands for Awful big and Awful good.)While they are technically "milkshakes" since they are made with iced milk and flavored syrup, it would have been even more perfect if they had actually been called Awful Awfuls.

Check back tomorrow for more of my thoughts on tonight's Gossip Girl episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment